Cartwheeling through the Arboretum on my Birthday

My intent here was to give you a visual account for how I celebrated my 52nd Birthday by taking a cartwheeling trip through JC Raulston Arboretum, but I didn't want to be weighed down by my "good camera" and I forgot my cell phone at home, so... I went back and took the pictures the next day.

Cartwheeling through the Arboretum was an incredible experience, and with each one I felt even more energized. Here's the recap:

1. Just outside our apartment near my car
2. Near the "Welcome Center" as I stopped to report that we had no hot water (low point of the day)
3. JC Raulston Arboretum parking lot
4,5,6 and 7 in the grassy knoll near the Xeric Garden
8,9,10, 11, 12, and 13 around and through the Xeric Garden
14. On the path by lilies, sinningia and cute little pinapple lily and saw the first Hummingbird of the day!
15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 grassy area near the Asian Garden
20 Under the China Berry tree
21 By the bench under the China Berry tree - I love that tree

22 On the new circular center of the Asian Garden

23. The new brick path in the Asian Garden
24. The curved area along that new brick path
25. In front of the old bench along that path
Ats I approached the Zen garden, I heard 2 girls say: "Mom, comes see this. It's so beautiful back here.
And the Mom said: "Don't you feel calm just walking in here?"
Always so nice to see and hear others enjoying the Arboretum, and their time together.
By the way, it had begun to rain at this point so my journal bears evidence of that and I love it!
26. Lath House
27, 28, 29, 30, 31 all around the new Dragon sculpture.
I saw two more hummers playing :)
in front of the Rosy summer sweet Clethra as I turned number 32.
33. On the blue wooden walkway

34. In front of the "Gold Dust" Abelia x grandiflora

A cotton tail bunny witnessed number 35 near the cotoneaster fangianus, helping me to become even more determined and excited about my quest :)
36. Near Buddleja 'Blue Chip' butterfly bush
37. In the rose garden
38. Near the "Italian Reflection" dedicated to JC Raulston
39. Side near the entrance to the Necessary
40. In front of the Necessary
41. Where shall I cartwheel in the Winter Garden? Well, by the Sequia sempervirens of course!!
42. Between another 'Soquel' Coastal Redwood and a Vitex angus-castus 'pink chaste tree'
43. In the White Garden
44 and 45 Wide open middle of the whole darn Arboretum!!
46. Along the rock path in the Rooftop Garden
47. On the rooftop in front the Orange Trumpet vine that Hummingbirds love so much.
48. In the turnaround by the Visitor's Center.
I then headed to Meredith to do a few more celebratory cartwheels and call Elizabeth.
Upon entering the main drive, I saw two good friends returning - in the rain, from Krispy Kreme.
Gave Rose a ride to her dorm and "scored" a yummy doughnut.
Shanna lives very near where we were, so, she walked.
Good thing too, as my car was loaded with items to donate to Dorcas House :)

49. In front of this huge Willow Oak tree near the side entrance to the library where I work.

50. In front of Carlyle Campbell Library
51. In the garden at 201 Sarabande Drive where we gathered flowers for our crowns.
The final two (52 and 53), yes, I did do an extra one for good measure, were done in the side yard by our new home. Rest assured, I'll be turning cartwheel throughout the year, because for me, cartwheeling through my life reminds me to turn everything over to God.

Thank you everyone, for all the wonderful Birthday wishes. It has been an amazing new start to this new chapter of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Your new chapter is truly off to a great start, Jax:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good camera doesn't weigh much more than my cellphone (case included) and I don't want to be weight down with it either. It's fatter and doesn't "slip" in a pocket. Happy belated birthday! I'm very impressed that's not a stunt woman for your cartwheel, 52 looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete