Praying to St. Joseph Day 6 and May 24, 2013 ABCs


Opening Prayer
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Come to our aid, Dear God, please help. Father of mercies and giver of all good gifts, I come before you to honor you and your saints and ask for help in my many needs. I am so very grateful for all of the gifts you have bestowed upon us and the answered prayers that are truly countless. Thank you. 

St. Joseph, just and true, with a father's care you raised the child Jesus, and with a husband's love, you shared your life with Mary, his mother. I entrust myself to your care and place in your hands this request of mine that you show the new owners to their new home so that Elizabeth and I can move toward our new adventure very very soon. Thank you, and Amen. In quiet Nazareth, long ago, the Holy Spirit spoke to your heart and you followed God's will with wonderful faith. In the quiet of my days, and in the hard choices I must make, help me follow the Spirit's guidance and believe when I cannot see.

Day 6 God of our heavenly home, bless our home on earth. Let the spirit of Mary and Joseph rest at our table, shape our words and actions, and bring blessing to our souls. Amen



An Imperial Affliction
By Peter Van Houten
Cannula p.46
Dysmorphia p. 44 chronic mental illness in which you can't stop thinking about a flaw in your appearance
Eviscerated p. 175
Filosoofers p. 157
Gaggle of kids p. 87
Hamartia - fatal flaw p. 20
iepen p. 161
Just totally correct p. 49 Joy
Kissing p. 93
Loathe p. 88 Lacivious details p. 95
Misnomered p. 84
Oncologists p. 92
Patience, grasshopper p. 36
Question p. 93
Representations of a thing are inherently abstract p. 178
Sobriquet p. 64
Toroida p. 30
Underoxygenated p. 34 Ubiquitous p. 156
Valdimir & Estragon p. 88
Wait p. 88
eXistenially fraught p. 31
Yearning p. 176
Zeal p. 33

No comments:

Post a Comment