Prayers to St. Joseph - Day 3 - May 21, 2013


Opening Prayer
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Come to my aid, O God. O Lord, make haste to help me.
Almighty God, Father of mercies and giver of all good gifts, I come before you to honor you in your saints and ask their help in my many needs.
You promised those who ask, would receive, those who seek, would find, those who knock, would have doors opened to them.
Hear the prayers of your church, grant my requests, and pardon my sins. Amen.
St. Joseph, just and true, with a father's care you raised the child Jesus,
and with a husband's love, you shared your life with Mary, his mother.
I entrust myself to your care and place in your hands this request of mine:
  Please lead the buyer suited for the house on 201 Sarabande Drive to their new home. Amen. and Thank you
In quiet Nazareth, long ago, the Holy Spirit spoke to your heart and you followed God's will with wonderful faith.In the quiet of my days, and in the hard choices I must make, help me follow the Spirit's guidance and believe when I cannot see.
Day 3 O God, ever faithful, you remember us always and in time reveal your blessings.
Help me trust in you, as St. Joseph faithfully trusted, and never let me lose faith in the wonderful gifts you promise me.

To conclude this novena, say one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be

Today we had showings #86, 87, 88, and 89.... 
86 was supposed to be 11am-12:00 so I left work at 10:15 to go home and get Misty and make sure the house was in order. Elizabeth has left her room in perfect "show shape" - before 7am this morning mind you! God Bless her! As a reward, I decided to do what she had requested and take car of our car, which we feel we are in more than the house, and get it a really good wash, vacuum and even something they called "air blown" which means all that crap from the crevices. So, I get home, take off Misty's harness and leash and it is 12:05 so I figure, cool back to work well before 1pm, not too bad. And then I get a call from the scheduling service letting me know the agent is running late and would NOW like to reschedule the showing for 12:15-1:15! So rude! 

But what am I to do?? So, I get Misty and I head back out and this time I go to Lowe's to look at paint and carpet just in case none of the people who look at the house today are "the" buyers. Ok, so back to work just in time for 2pm. Next showing 5pm. A little while later, that one cancels. 

Ok, I can deal with that. I'll get Elizabeth and Misty and we'll head out to Target and find what Elizabeth needs fro the Anime' convention that is this weekend. We got some of what we needed and then went to Meredith - her choice - so she could sit at her - I mean my - desk and do her homework. 6pm #88, I can only hope they went and looked and are thinking about it. 6:45-7:45, I decided to go trim roses with Misty while Elizabeth does her home work. Came back in about 7:30. No sooner did I say to Elizabeth, "okay, we can go home now." (figuring that by the time we get there, they'll be gone) when my cell phone rings and it's the scheduling service. Yep! "Showing agent is running late, can they reschedule for 7:30-8:30?" Elizabeth hears me say "I have a child to get settled for school tomorrow" and says, "Mom! I'm 17!! So I tell them to go ahead. I go across the street for Elizabeth favorite dinner (Burger King chicken nuggets) and when I come back, is she doing her homework? Of course not. Am I frustrated? You betcha! 

It is now 8:27pm. It is MY bedtime and I am NEAR my desk. Elizabeth is AT my desk on her laptop, supposedly doing her English homework now. DO I interrupt her so I can go home and go to bed, or do I keep typing, hoping it will inspire her to do the same???

2 comments:

  1. You give her 10-15 more minutes & pack up to leave. In the meantime, PRAY AGAIN: ) Hang in there, Jax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! and we are outta here!!! :) Thanks, Love xo, Jax ;)

    ReplyDelete