Friday Fears

I know! Why in the world would I "publicly" express my fears? Well, for one thing, this isn't exactly public. After all, the only people who will see this/read this are either close friends or don't know me at all so it isn't that big a risk. Besides, what would be the consequence of exposing fear to light? Dissipation? ok. Sounds good to me :) Besides, I'm probably not as much afraid as I am tired, and some times I get a little lonely, but not often. This time of year is difficult because I live so far away from where I grew up - chronologically speaking. And, going "home for the holidays" doesn't really help, because this is my home, and in many ways, I really grew up here, so.... what is it exactly?? Well, this morning Misty woke me at 3:45am. yep. she had to go out and then was hyper, so I turned on my coffee and sat down on the couch. I turned on my computer and the first facebook status I saw echoed my frustrations with myself. The fact that I sat on the couch and turned on my computer. So we are now encouraging each other in the letting go of what does not nourish us in the New Year. We have a team of 2, so far, but we suspect many other are joining us, whether they say so or not. Actually, the mutually friend who introduced us, began this "quest" a few weeks ago. Or.... maybe she planted the seeds about a year ago. Thank you Sue :)

 To live authentically can mean we start with balance and end with peace. hmmmm I feel ABCs trying to surface, and there will be at one more. I came up with a great one, again, inspried by my friend Sue who challenged herself in 2011 to draw, and paint and become an artist this year. She seems to have succeeded in every medium she tried. Painting, drawing, photography, tie-dye, gardening, etc etc etc.
But I don't think it can wait until New Year's day, because I am needing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment