Letting Go.... Thursday, June 27, 2013

During yoga class, Meghan often  encourages us to take "it" a step further. This week the "it" was letting go. She suggested we choose something specific, and the first word that came to mind for me was "worry". Within the first 24 hours, I had a truly LOVELY exchange with my kid who agreed to go to a Full Moon yoga event with while on vacation, with the condition that I promise not to worry for the entire time we are on vacation :) I wish I'd written down all the times I smiled about "letting" messages that have enveloped me this week, but I didn't, so I will just let that thought go too, and dedicate this blog post to the topic instead.

The one I found most amusing was the wisteria vine that had wrapped around a rather large scrub pine for years. It held on for more an entire year since I cut it away from its life source. The other day, I was looking out the window and noticed, it too has let go. I walked out and removed the now brown, weathered pieces and put them in proper bin to be picked up and turned into compost.

I seem to be doing a great deal of that these last few weeks, putting things in their proper places: packing boxes, trash cans, compost containers, recycling bins and the grateful hands of others. The message? Only when we let go are we free to dance!
And...
Breathe... Let go... Do
Cartwheels
Dare to let go...
Emerge with Energy
Free to dance

Gunilla Norris' theme of the month: Letting Go
Just do it
Kiss it all goodbye, or don't. Either way, let it go...

 Martina McBride's "Learning to Fall"
"No one was around when it happened. There was no applause or congratulations. No one thanked her or praised her. No one noticed a thing. Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go." 
"One thing I've learned about life is that if you really let go, it's just a joy ride." ~ Ricky Williams Peaceful 
Quality 
"Remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure." Oprah
Ultimate freedom sanskrit word is svatantrya 
Why not let go of any idea that someone else knows the meaning of our lives better than we do? Doesn’t meaning reveal itself to us in the living?
“You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” ― C. JoyBell C.

No comments:

Post a Comment