September 2022

"Awakens us to the healing wisdom of the Earth itself." p. 33 The Way of the Rose
Bonnie and Bill's 50th Wedding Anniversary 
Cards for Christine, Michelle, and Amanda
Divine Direction: end of life Doula, because ...
Everyone needs a listening Ear: "Everyone I know, everywhere I go / People need some reason to believe." ~ Jackson Browne 
Friday Flower
Golden Guidance
Home Happiness
"I'll find you when the sun goes black" ~ My Chemical Romance "Kids from Yesterday"
Jackson Browne - Running on Empty
"Knots we didn't even know were there gradually come undone." p. 96 The Way of the Rose
"Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through / Looking into their eyes, I see them running too." ~ Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty"
Most people have forgotten that their true voice comes up throught the soles of their feet." p. 99
"Now, we are the kids from yesterday" ~ My Chemical Romance
"O paper soul, and against all the preceding bitterness and bile, this One shining scrawl ... maybe I should fold you away to..."
"...Pull you out again in a decade, see whether the flowering that now seems promised, came;" ~ Keri Hulme The Bone People
"Quest for human supremacy has been fueled by a need for domination and control. The end result is a species-wide crusade against nature that value obedience and conformity, profit and power, and order above everything else. But within our hearts are the long dormant seeds of all that has sustained us through the axons-- the longing for love, the desire for beauty,  the wisdom of story and song, the yearning for connection and community." p. 98 The Way of the Rose by Clark Strand and Perdita Finn
Reading The Way of the Rose by Clark Strand and Perdita Finn is shifting everything I thought I *knew*
Saw a child Skipping to the School bus 9/9/22
"Understand that it is very difficult to accept the simplicity and truth of that." p. 67
Violet's Vibrance is invigorating
"When we were young, we used to say... We don't care about the message or the rules they make... 
You only live forever in the lights you make...You only hear the music when your heart begins to break" ~ "Kids from Yesterday" by My Chemical Romance
"Zen meditation practice p. 14...Zen koans, I began using the mystery of the rosary to untie the knots in my heart." p.48 The Way of the Rose by Clark Strand and Perdita Finn

1 comment: