Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self by Richard Rohr

Amanuenis: someone who takes down dictation. [visceral response 17 Aug 22 "That's it! The ONLY BEING from whom I ought do that is GOD
"Bask in the accomplishments of bringing (^ that ^) into the world each day." SBB Simple Abundance 
"Come with empty hands...stare into the lake astonished, there, in the cold light reflecting pure snow, the true shape of your face." ~
David Whyte, "Tilicho Lake" p. 1
"Every viewpoint is a view from a point, and our vantage point is utterly changed by God. Only then is the gap overcome." p. 106
"Finding God... look in the very place [I] abandoned God." p. 108
"God has given such grace and given life so Abundantly and so Broadly- who am I to stand in God's way?" Acts 11:17 qtd p. xxv 
Humming p. xvii "I feel a presence, a reverence humming within me that was, and is, difficult to articulate." ~ Jane Fonda qtd p. xvii
"I am calling all of you, but so few of you allow yourselves to be chosen." Matthew 22:14 qtd p. 4 Immortal Diamond 
Julia Esquivel's Threatened with Resurrection: Prayers and Poems from an Exiled Guatemalan Woman
"...Know ourselves already resurrected!" ~ Julia Esquivel
"Late have I loved you! You were within, but I was without." St. Augustine Confessions
"My only job, and yours too, is to imitate God in the same love of life." The Book of Wisdom 11:23-12:1 qtd. p. xxv
"My deepest me is God!" St. Catherine of Genoa qtd. p. 5
"New kind of knowing." p. 60
"Our wounds are our glory," as Lady Julian of Norwich puts it, is the utterly counterintuitive message of the risen Jesus." p. 85
"Perfect spirituality is just to imitate God." p. xxv
"Quest: looking for an immortal diamond: something utterly reliable,  something loyal and true... unforgettable and shining." pp. 1-2
"Resurrection is when one moment reveals the meaningof all moments." p. 84
"Spirit-based morality : not motivated by outside reward or punishment but actually looking out from inside the Mystery yourself. So carrots are neither needed or helpful." p. 105
"There is a truth that lives within us that will be with us forever" 2 John 2 qtd. p. 2
"Union with the Divine." p. 123
Virtue of hope
"What I do is me: for that I came." ~ Gerard Manley Hopkins qtd. p. 18
eXquisite balance :  "beyond me and yet totally within me at the same time is the exquisite balance that most religion seldom achieves." p. 5
"Your soul is who you are in God and who God is in you." p. 16
Zen chores p. 111source


No comments:

Post a Comment