Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen

"Audacity of finally feeling like she could let go of the ghost of her past." p. 248
Brugmansa:  source
Camille: "So it's time for me to go now... Because going doesn't mean all gone..." p. 275
Dancing With Dellawisps
Everyone wants those things, it’s not wrong.” p. 274
For the first time in five years, the memory of Camille hadn’t snowed, covering him with grief.” p. 276
Glints of raindrops lingering on Garden foliage.” p. 149
How odd that pretending to be someone elae made me happier than I was when I was just being myself." Roscoe Avanger p. 99 
Invisible does not always mean imaginary.” p. 94 "I go now to settle in a place where there is always happiness. But how can I be happy when my soul still needs to fly?” p.283
Javier plucked the menus from Christine’s hands.”
Kello’s used bookstore... “questionable standards on what was sellable...” p. 99
Lascivious tale…” p. 160 (this reminded me of Chaucer :)
Maybe some stories aren’t meant to be told.” p. 146
Not everything has to be real to be true.” p. 281 
Oliver Lime - Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen
Pigeon spent her days on the patio, cooing with irritation and Peevishly knocking over cleaning supplies.” p. 96 Portentous p. 248 [being a grave or serious matter]
Quivering like bony branches.” p.141
Resting on your laurels isn't as comfortable as it sounds... it was more like sitting on thorns.” p. 122
Second chances are not to be wasted... on of the most valuable lessons we can ever learn.” p. 99
This grown-up thing isn’t for sissies.” p. 87 “There are birds, and then there are other birds." p. 123 
“…Until I had no voice left.” p. 284
Visual experience was like dreaming of faraway summer while staring at Christmas lights through a frosty window." p. 167
Witch ball  source
“could feel the eXcitement of summer coming...” p. 167
You’re good at sweeping people up in Your enthusiasm.” p.132
Zoey believed in things other people never would.” p. 94

3 comments: