Wait?

This morning I woke a little later than I normally do, but for a good reason. A friend saw a recent post and contacted me to see if he could help. We talked for nearly two hours, as it had been awhile since we chatted like that. So many thoughts, ideas, and possibilities bouncing around my brain, and all "signs" pointing in the same direction: come up with a map, a vision, with action items, and a plan... Write my story! (How many time have I heard or read the word "map" lately?)
Feeling grateful for: friends, coffee, pets... Even though Misty rolled around in something that smelled so awful that I was compelled to bathe her before heading out by 7:30 am.

As I walked a bike with flat tires over to Meredith for some much needed Air, I decided to listen to music on my phone. I hit "shuffle all" and heard a song I don't remember purchasing or downloading, but there it was. "Wait" by Get Set Go
And then I got to Wade Ave crosswalk and there was the message Again :)
Before I could
Crossover
Day 14 "Living with Passion" was leading me on.
Each step of the journey, I 
Felt more connected with something 
Greater than myself
How could
I not, with this
Joy of Joys along the way

K is the sound of beginning of the name of this tree  "Catalpa" is a favorite of mine.
Looped around 
Meredith campus quickly
Next stop was Joyner for my gloves and 
Other shoes ("Sloggers" from my big sis are perfect for my day's activities)
Plus a Pitstop for water
Quick one though, because I was
Riding my bike over to Janice's when she texted, I 
Stopped to answer her and then I saw this Snake in the road. Well good morning to you too! 
Turtle too... In need of a bit of water, I Think
Unusually dry in the little creek behind Janice's home
Visiting leaves were backing it up, so she tackled that 
While I did the mowing, as promised two weeks ago. and then, Watering at MC 
eXcellent art work appeared in the community garden this week
Yes, of course I stopped there on my way back home. I also
Zipped over to the bank near Cameron Village. Well, perhaps "zipped" isn't exactly the right word, but I was on a roll, so I decided to complete the ABCs. Honestly, it was pretty slow going. I was running out of  steam. But! I accomplished all the tasks I set out to, and probably set my own record for 10,000+ steps so early in the day. Not to mention 21 "floors" - there are a number of hills along the path I rode this morning. I cannot believe it was only 4.2 miles, but then, I did have my phone in my bag a number of times along the way, so who knows, and really, who cares? It is what it is.

This is probably a first for me: creating a blog post on the fly AND while telling "my" story.
I'm feeling inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment