April 2023 Books, Music, and More

As April comes to a close... 
Bodega : a small owner-operated convenience store serving hot and prepared food, often open late hours and typically with ethnic market influences. 
Compost Stew: An A to Z recipe for the Earth by Mary McKenna Siddals
Deleted scene from Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince posted by Emery Lai Nov 2009 I happened upon again recently. What a song: "In Noctem" : "Carry my soul into the night / May the stars guide my way / I glory in the sight. / As darkness takes the day / Sing a song, a song of life / Made without regret /Tell the ones, the ones I loved / I never will forget / I never will forget." watch and listen here
"Forever Young" sung by The Pretenders 
"Grass clippings Hair snippings and an Insect or two." ~ Compost Stew
"Have I Told You Lately" by Van Morrison listen here
"If" by Bread listen here
Keeping the Faith on PrimeVideo
"Life has its way... the object might be to learn how to be graceful, to understand the value of a deep kind of acceptance" (191). Elizabeth Berg Pull of the Moon
Morning Glory On The Vine: Early Songs and Drawings by Joni Mitchell
Neil Diamond's "I Am...I Said" and "Song Sung Blue"
"Occasionally One learns quiet, and then how to keep it." (155) 
Pull of the Moon by Elizabeth Berg
"Quarry dust: finely ground rock powder adds minerals, adds minerals to the soil." ~ suddals' Compost Stew
Robert James and Kerry Law hosted Easter brunch

"To lose one's sense of self ... is a movement toward the deepest kind of relief I have ever known." (155).
Underbrush prunings Vegetable trimmings Wiggly worms 🪱  with Compost cravings"
VanMorrison's "Some One Like You" with sunrise and sunset images mainly from County Wexford, Ireland
We are stardust / We are golden / And we've got to get ourselves / Back to the garden" ~ "Woodstock" by Joni Mitchell
"Xmas tree needles 
Yellow pine shavings and...
Zinna heads from flower beds whose blooming days are through.  Just add to the pot and let it all rot into Compost Stew!"

No comments:

Post a Comment