e.e. cummings and more

"anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling..." blog originally posted 10/17/2009
Cummings, Edward Estlin (e. e. cummings) was an American poet, painter, essayist, author, and playwright. He wrote approximately 2,900 poems, two autobiographical novels, four plays, and several essays. Born: October 14, 1894, Cambridge, MA
"deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)" 
ee cummings' birthday Oct 14th
fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you" 
"Gratitude is peace" ~ Anne Lamott Help, Thanks, Wow p. 65
i like my body when it is with your / body. It is so quite a new thing. The Writer’s Almanac 10/14/2009 
"Just when we think we've gotten things all lined up nicely,  a rogue wave washes it all away, or deposits onto the shore a bright orange queen conch... and we say , "Wow." We're blown away , for a time... And so it is." (92)
"Keep the first thing first / To live Your truth / Walk Your ways / Set my eyes
Lord, I fix my face on you / All my desires reversed / To keep the first thing first" ~ Consumed By Fire 
Misty morning walk, April 10 2023
"Now That I Know" by Devendra Banhart (Friday Night Lights, S2.E12, "Who Do You Think You Are?") listen here
"O sweet spontaneous  / earth how often have / the doting / fingers of
prurient philosophers pinched / and poked thee, has the naughty thumb of science prodded thy beauty how often have religions taken / thee upon their scraggy knees..." ~ e.e. cummings The Writer’s Almanac October 14, 2020
"... Question and answer would become ONE... Quiet moments with the giver of life and the enternal..." ~ Anne Lamott Help, Thanks, Wow
"rhythmic lover / thou answerest / them only with     
     Spring" ~ e. e. cummings
"Thank you, God, for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is YES!" ~ e. e. cummings
Updating April 2014
Video on Vimeo of the reading of a childern's board book: i carry your heart with me
Writer’s Almanac for Wednesday, October 14, 2020 listen here
"eXpand and stretch in all directions.  [Spring's] green eXuberance and giddiness" (80) ~ Anne LaMott  Help, Thanks, Wow
"Yet even so, grace progress, blessings continue to be given... It's a God job." (100) ~ Anne LaMott  Help, Thanks, Wow


1 comment:

  1. Such a gift you have, my dear๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete