it's that time of year again...

"With stammering lips and insufficient sounds,
I strive and struggle to deliver right
the music of my nature..." ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I continue to be inspired by the grace and intelligence of the woman who bless my life everyday. This time of year is a huge transition for everyone at Meredith College, but as each graduating Senior reminds me, we are all truly blessed. And then I have my daughter gearing up to head that way. She amazes inspires me each day as well, with finished projects I would not know where to being to accomplish. 5 years ago - wow - already 5 years - I was desperately trying to finish my thesis about KAte Chopin and The Awakening. This morning I glance down at the page of Sarah BanBreathnach's Simple Abundance and read not only the quote above, but also the following: "Kate Chopin wrote in 1900, "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so turned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of the earth..." Had I read THAT 5 years ago - and mind you, I've owned Simple Abundance and have read it almost every day since Summer 1999 - I may have been more at ease about turning in that thesis and letting it go. Apparently it is today's lesson. I think maybe I've learned more from the young women who have passed through my small scope of perspective at Media Services and the Library than I did from struggling through too focused on my own classes and grades, but isn't that the point? Ok, I am rambling now, and will come back to this later, once I have seen their bright, shiny, currently struggling abit face - my daughter's included. Time to wake sleeping beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment