Recent All Souls New London Services recap/highlights

"Before me sits the suffering" Carolyn quoted a professor who taught her
Capacity to grow and come close to what it means to be holy.
Difference between trauma informed ministry, and informing people of trauma
"Every mind was made for growth" Channing
Faith Formation Sunday 2021 - All Souls New London - June 13, 2021
Give them, not hell, but hope and courage. Do not push them deeper into their theological despair, but preach the kindness and everlasting love of God...Give them and yourself gentle tools for harsh times.
"Humanity is both sublime, and ridiculous!" ~ Carolyn
"I am from those moments -- snapped before I budded -- leaf-fall from the family tree." ~ George Lyon
Jesus was mentioned, but in a confusing way, so I prayed and asked for clarity. That clarity was given thusly: "by setting aside in His flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace." ~ Ephesians 2:15
Launching point for intellectual and spiritual curiosity... Love will guide us....
Mortality, Morality, Meaning
New member ceremony  May 1, 2021
Ordination of Ann Kadlecek All Souls New London June 6, 2021
Perry Montrose : Director of Faith Formation
"Questions and curiosity and love" ~ Rev. Douglas Taylor
"Run to the Father"
Thread - Theology about what it means to be human - This is what our congregations are for...
Unitarian Universalists
Video can be found here on YouTube
"Where I'm From" by George Ella Lyon
eXample: "What does God sound like my oldest child once asked me it is always a delight to get a question like that from a child so of course I dragged my then five-year-old child outside and sat them in the grass and I said "listen" what do you hear? wind... chirping... silence stretched as we listened. "I hear insects buzzing... so "God sounds like nature"
"Yes, I replied but is there anything else you hear? "Well, the cars out on the road and you and me talking." I grinned Yes all of that, everything..."
 I did not attend, but isn't this a lovely slide?

No comments:

Post a Comment