Recent Books, Movies, and Powerful Poem

 how refreshing!!
Before Inauguration, and then that, too, was fabulously hopeful!
Cord of three strands in not quickly broken : Ecclesiastes 4:12
Day 204  of BibleProject's reading of Bible from the beginning straight through. Day 205
Ecclesiastes is so much more than 3:1 "time for every purpose unto heaven"
Friendship, Family, good meal, sunny day, gifts from God. Fear God, keep His commandments." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Great Equalizer: Death
Hevel. Hevel no guarantees Enigma acceptance. Honesty and
Integrity before God
Jan 24 2021 : Interesting overlap of church messages. Summit. Grace. and GraceSummit: "John 4 - Nicodemus Contrasted with the Woman at the Well - Jesus Elevates"
"Keep Your Confidence" January 30 "GOD, your God, is above all a compassionate God. In the end he will not abandon you." Deuteronomy 4:31 Restoration Year: 365-Day Devotional by John Eldredge
Listening to the entire Bible, passage by passage, Psalm by Psalm, Proverb by Proverb...
Mr. Church YouTube movie staring Eddie Murphy - so good!
"Need to put our whole self into being [with Jesus] and pray back to God what we find there." p. 171 Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice and practice loving our Neighbors no matter what...
"Our job, then, is to pay attention to this constant companion of our lives. This
Practice of the Presence of God is not a chore but the best way to live. We can turn our thoughts to Jesus throughout the day, using small reminders at first but always living out of a foundation of regular moments of being with Jesus through the written Word." p. 171 Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice

 "Quantum entanglement" suggests that our perceived material reality is actually a simulation, projected and controlled from another dimension. This phenomenon also suggests that, through a concept known as...
 "Retrocausality time loops," our inevitable future currently co-creates our present dimensional experience as we simultaneously co-create that same inevitable future—in endless feedback cycles to the end and beginning of time. And as I 
Stand in the shadow of such immense possibility and implication, I realize more profoundly that all I really want to remember, feel and give from this moment forward and for as long as I'm able to...is 
love and compassion."
The Shack I watched this movie somewhat reluctantly. I finally read the book last May, having out it off for over a decade after Misty literally devoured our first copy. Not really sure what to say about it though... interesting way to depict God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but more importantly, a clear message of LOVE and forgiveness over the pain of anger and judgement. 
"Understanding and doing the things Jesus gave us specific commandments and teachings about... Consider how Jesus would lead your life if he were you—working at your job, living in your family and neighborhood, going to your church." p. 172 Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice
Vexation of Spirit : Ecclesiastes 1:14-2:26

Without Brushing My Hair
The
Closer
I get to you, Beloved,
The more I can see
It is just You and I all alone
In this 
World.

I hear
A knock at my door,
Who else could it be,
So I rush without brushing
My hair.

For too
Many nights
I have begged for Your 
Return

And what
Is the use of vanity
At this late hour, at this divine season,
That has now come to my folded
Knees?

If your love letters are true dear God
I will surrender myself to
Who You keep saying
I
Am.

Hafiz Translation:  Daniel Ladinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment