Letters of Note by Shaun Usher

"A work of art is useless as a lower is useless. A flower blossoms for its own joy. We gain a moment of joy by looking at it." ~ Oscar Wilde p. 334
"Boundless world about [us], as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge." p. 104 Editor of the Sun to Virginia O'Hanlon 1897
"Correspondence deserving of a wider audience."
  
"He gave me his faith, unquestionably and trustfully."  p. 135 ~ Stewart Stern to The Winslows, October 12, 1955
"I took the Lord at his own word: "As the day is, so shall thy strength be."[Deuteronomy 33:25]."p. 130 Lucy Thurston to Mary Thurston, October 29, 1855 
Kernel: living evidence of seed and turning earth and opening Kernel...mud from the farm that grew him-- and a single Kernel of seed corn from your barn." p. 135 

 gift from Julie Burke xo
"Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world..."
"Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond." p. 104 Editor of the Sun to Virginia O'Hanlon
"...Preserve my spirit and heart in Purity. I shall be reborn to a better thing." p. 165 Fydor Dotoevsky to Mikhail Dostoevsky December 27, 1849
"Quit fondling your ego." p. 90 ~ Sol Lewitt to Eva Hesse, April 14, 1965
"Recommend virtue to your children; it alone, not money, can make them happy." p. 244 Ludwig van Beethoven to His Brothers "The Heilgenstadt Testament"
"...Strength of the Holy one. At peace with myself, with earth, and with heaven, I calmly laid my head upon my pillow and Slept..."
"There with an unwavering heart, I leaned for strength and support." p. 130 Lucy Thurston to Mary Thurston, October 29, 1855
"Unhappy marrieds" There is another point of view. You have entered into the most meaningful relationship there is in all human life." p. 278 Ronald Reagan to Michael Reagan, June 1971
"...Who despite all the limitations of Nature nevertheless did everything within his powers to become accepted among worthy artist and men... With joy I hasten toward death."  p. 244 Ludwig van Beethoven to His Brothers "The Heilgenstadt Testament"
"X" caught my eye... p. 339 click here for full letter
"Yielded myself up entirely to the will, the wisdom, and the strength of the Holy One. At peace with myself, with earth, and with heaven, I calmly laid my head upon my pillow and slept refreshingly." p.130 Lucy Thurston to Mary Thurston, October 29, 1855
Zelda Fitzgerald to F. Scott Fizgerald p. 332 September 1920 "Come Quick to Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment