ABCs of name change

A pain in the butt, but so worth it to have my
Birth name back. Bank, of course
Court house downtown Raleigh; Checks
DMV. "Dig Deeper" read more here
Email, of course
Friends - ie. do Christmas cards early this year :)
Given name! Grocery store cards? 
Human Resources needs to see new original SS card, HSA Bank wants copy of SS and divorce decree - ugh!
Insurance companies (health, vision, dental, life, car, and rental)
Jacquelyn Beth
Keep your name people! unless it no longer suits who you have become, and then, by all means, change it!
LAW
"My life is in harmony with cosmic LAW" ~ from a Deepak/Oprah Meditation
Nameplates for doors at work (Mom helped - yes!)
Old Wake Forest Road, Social Security Office
Questions? Rituals, Symbolic Gestures, and more
Reason: "No longer identify with" 
Social Security; Safeco is my auto and rental
Tradition?  Thank you for sharing Sarah Nell's article Kris :)
"Upon the decision to divorce..." ~ Sarah Nell
Vows made with the heart need none of this
WakeCounty Board of Elections
My eXperience did not feel like seXism, but it was 
Y? Why did I ever change it in the first place!!
RealiZed it was simply the next step 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Everyone should have the name that suits them as who they are. We transition through life and should honor each phase with a new name if that is what feels right. I have been considering changing my first name, I don't feel like a Mandy any longer. But, yes what a crazy pain it is to do so. Persevere!

    ReplyDelete