The ABCs of old scrapbooks - Jan 15, 2017

Acceptance: A new point of view:  

"Breathe easy" ~ the start of a new scrapbook and a new life, Sept, 2005

Contemplative: expressing or involving prolonged thought, as in the look on the face while reading this book pictured in "X" below. A sign to keep doing my blog this way, at least for now :)
December 2012: I love this picture of two of my favorite people

Enjoying two favorite things, reading and Kendall
Finding treasures in assortment of scrapbooks from 2001, 2005, 2012, and 2013. 
George Santayana: "In each person I catch the fleeting suggestion of something beautiful and swear eternal friendship with that."
"Home is a place where serenity and sweet dreams are connected by a flight of stairs" ~ the start of a new scrapbook Sept 1, 2005
"I/woman give birth: and this time to/ myself." ~ Alma Villanueva, again from "new" scrapbook
"...Joy - powerfully - strengthened my back. Joy - tremendously - took off the pressure. Joy - gloriously - warmed my heart. I raised like a bird from my shackles and flew peacefully over the sea of my troubles." ~ Ingrid Kiehl-Krau 1998

Letting go Lets the fun shine in
More purging revealed this gem : "My job was to figure out how to live my life in a new way."
"Nugget" from Sept 2005 O Magazine: "Loving ourselves opens us to truly knowing ourselves as part of a matrix of existence, inextricably connected to the boundlessness of life. When we keep oping past any version of who we are that is crafted by others, when we see that we are far bigger than the person that is delineated by family or cultural expectations, we realize that we are capable of so much more than we usually darn to imagine. In this spirit the poet Walt Whitman wrote, 'I am larger, better than I thought; I did not know I held so much goodness.'" from The Force of Kindness by Sharon Salzberg

"Our theory of relativity : Everyone has a link in the family chain tucked away in drawers and scrapbooks." ~ ironic in that it was a magazine clipping added to enhance the page commemorating Mom and Dad's 50th Anniversary celebration 
Purging of bits and pieces of old scrapbooks is something I never thought I'd do, but actually, it is...
Quite satisfying to see pictures of Quiet times
 Aug 21, 2001
"Relax, Refresh and reward Yourself." ~ always a good reminder
"So many people need you in so many ways, and no one can take your place. No one else can play your role. No one else knows your lines. You are uniquely created to fit in the special you-shaped space God formed in His world. Never wonder if you are needed. The fact that you are here proves it!" ~ from hugs for Women 12 Nov 2001
Thanksgiving 2001
silence honors and invites the Unknown, the Untamed, the wild, the shy, the Unfathomable — that which rarely has a chance to surface within Us" ~ Gunilla Norris
"Verve" in 2013 scrapbook near photo of getting ready for Momocon. yep! We drove to Atlanta, Georgia for the weekend for an Anime Convention
 "We are all children in the kindergarten of God." ~ Elbert Hubbard, 13 Nov 2001 calendar page
Yes, as you can see, this kid has always loved to read, and I have many, many, many photos.
Zen Proverbs on twitter: The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new. — Pema Chödrön

No comments:

Post a Comment