Sunday, January 29, 2017

"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up  and make new trees." ~ Amelia Earhart
Barbara Doyle, thank you for sharing your book with me.
"Clear vision began to Coalesce." p. 206 Wild "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved." ~ Helen Keller
Desultory p.207  lacking a plan, purpose, or enthusiasm.
"Everything that I am is born of everything that I gathered back to myself on that trip." ~ Cheryl Strayed
Forgiveness: “What if I forgave myself? I thought. What if I forgave myself even though I'd done something I shouldn't have? What if I was a liar and a cheat and there was no excuse for what I'd done other than because it was what I wanted and needed to do? ... What if yes was the right answer instead of no? What if what made me do all those things everyone thought I shouldn't have done was what also had got me here? What if I was never redeemed? What if I already was?” ~ Cheryl Strayed
 
Guilt can be a kind of motivator? a Gesture at responsiblity.
How wild it was, to let it be.” ~ last line of Wild by Cheryl Strayed
 "I walk until walking became unbearable, until I believed. I couldn't walk even one more step. and then I ran." p. 288 Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Jangled : to excite to tense irritation 
Living Waters; Or, Messages of Joy Jan 1, 1919 : "Miracles are the ways of God , unhampered by your ideas."
Miigwech : an Ojibwe word ... "It means thank you, but more - its meaning imbued with humility as well as gratitude." ~ Cheryl Strayed in her acknowledgements at the end of Wild

"Our bodies were created to be temporary vessels for souls, and we must treat them with as much love and respect as God created them to receive." ~ not from this book, but something sent to me while I was deep into reading it, so I feel it belongs here.

"Purpose of our lives is to connect with each other and through love we can create to become one with each other and with him." ~ again, not from this book, but well timed.
Quarrel verbally is another definition of jangle (above) Queasy realization that I didn't where I was." p. 214  Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Remember to breathe, remember to feel, remember to care, let us do this for our children. Let us practice for life’s sake.” ~ Inviting Silence by Gunilla Norris
"So very close, so very present , so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be." ~ last lines of Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Thich Nhat Hanh on mindfulness, harnessing compassion, and cherishing life. click here for essay 
Usurious - cool sounding word on Gilmore Girls : charging illegal or exorbitant rates of interest for the use of money
Vanquish: “Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story ... I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.”
eXquisitely conscious silence p. 299
Yearning for a way out, when actually what I'd wanted to find was a way in. I was there now, or close." p. 290 Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Zivah or Ziva is originally a Hebrew name. The meaning of the name Ziva, which is a variant of Ziv, is “radiance, brilliance, light, God, brightness”. Its pronunciation sounds like Zeeva.

No comments:

Post a Comment