New Week... New words ... New Definitions...

Abscond : Leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection or arrest.
Beldame (p. 258) hag: an ugly evil-looking old woman.
Colossus
Dental yuck
Ebullient : Cheerful and full of energy: "she sounded ebullient and happy". not new, but I love that word :)




Finally Finished reading State of Wonder by Ann Patchette
Go on through to the other side....
Have to trust my intuition
Invectives p. 240 venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will.
J, K, L
Marmoset p. 254
Nubile
Ordeal - the exact right description of my 4 hours in a dentist chair for p. 237
Peixe (p. 238) - fish
Quiche - spinach with cranberry cheddar cheese
Root canal :(
Sue Gager Palmer scored 101 points with "thowless" in our game of WWF
Thowless : feeble, lazy, spiritless. I like "twinkle" better

U, V, W, X
"You sat in one place for 4 hours??" Elizabeth's question regarding my "ordeal"

No comments:

Post a Comment