Finished reading Possession by A.S. Byatt

So good! It took me about a month, even with the help of audio playing in my car to and from work, but it was so worth it and a great reminder to me how important and necessary reading is for my mental health. For one thing, I keep learning new words for my ABC lists - even when I don't complete them and decide to move on, like I will today, because another one has begun forming in my brain and in my journal early this morning. So, without further adieu, here is today's - technically yesterday's - ABCs. Many are words from Possession - there were so many luscious ones, I've actually been spreading them out throughout posts for weeks now.... Others are things I did, or saw, or learned about on Friday, August 10th. Hope you enjoy :)

Abeyance : a lapse in succession during which there is no person in whom a title is vested
Books and Baking
Coppiced : to cut back so as to regrow in the form of a coppice
Doing what needs to be done
Eidolon : an unsubstantial image : phantom
Felicitous : very well suited or expressed  : pleasant, delightful
Good dinner
Hummock : a rounded knoll or hillock
I am...
Just chillin'
Ken heading back to Northwest
Love in the Time of Cholera was my Friday night movie - thank you PRAXIS bunny :)
Multifarious : having or occurring in great variety : diverse
New students arriving at Meredith...
  Obedient Plant


Proserpine
Quiet inside
Rain
Sluicing
Tumescence
Understanding
Versifying
Whilst
X Y Z

2 comments:

  1. Obedient Plant? I always learn something new from your posts:-) The PRAXIS Bunny sends a big, "You're welcome!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Obedient Plant, but this is NOT a picture I took. The one I removed from a garden on Friday was not a healthy specimen. I will try my best to take a photograph tomorrow when I return to Meredith :)

    ReplyDelete