Ode to Jessica Willson Kelly


Yes, "Willson" with 2 "l"s - No, Kelly with 1 "e" :)
When a dear friend moves far away...what do you do?
We said our goodbyes, although we know, of course, we will see each other again
In two years...
Think about how quickly the last 2 years have evaporated
Remember the smiles, tears, growth, experiences, confidences
She has been my tutor, my mentor, and my secret keeper
A dose of reality, a source of inspiration and of strength
Honest feedback without judgement or admonishment
No fear
Love
Friendship
Our friendship survived when she graduated 3 semesters before I did.
That was the only time I thought maybe I wouldn't make it without her, and that we might not stay in touch. hahahahaha

We've since shared 2 more graduations - mine from Meredith, and her UNC, Law school
My divorce, her marriage, birth, baptism, and growth of Liam
Elizabeth's transition from elementary school, through middle school and now high school!!

How could I NOT dedicate at least one ABC list to my dear friend Jess??

Awesome Actor
Beautiful Babe
Creative Cook
Darling Daughter
Encouraging Editor
Fantastic Friend
Generous Giver
Huge Heart
Intelligent Inspireror
Jovial Jessie
Knowledgeable Knockout
Loving Lady
Marvelous Mom
Now New European
Overwhelmed Ode Observer
Positively Passionate Person
Queen of this new Quest
Rare, Reassuring, Realistic Romantic
Sensational Singer
Terrific Tutor
Ultimately Unique
Vivacious
Wonderful Wife
Xceptionally Xquiste
Youthful YOU!
Zealous over Zeke

2 comments:

  1. Jackie - you are a sweetheart! This is a very nice tribute to your dear friend - and yes, you are right, it made me feel good, too! ~Bobbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to add Overwhelmed Ode Observer to the list now :) Jackie, you are so fabulous! I miss you dearly and hope to "see" you soon. I'm posting stuff asap to the blog and we have regular Internet access now for the time being, so I hope to stay in the know with the western hemisphere :) Hugs and love to you and Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete