Computing in the Cloud

I thought of this photo I took this summer as soon as I read the name of this CCL 23 item so I just had to include it. Google Docs is incredibly easy to use and would be an especially helpful tool if more of my family members had computer access and ability. I decided to upload a file I had been wanting to update and share with family members who have called a number of times to asked for a relatives address, phone number or birthdate. With my recent trip to CT, I was given documents that motived me to continue some genealogy work I began years ago. This tool will allow me to combine those efforts and do it from anywhere. I wasn't sure if Google docs would allow for an EXCEL workbook (vs. a simple spreadsheet) to be uploaded and modified, but it does! and very simply and easily. I checked Ted's slideshow and Laura's webpage then built one myself - just for the heck of it. Carine shared her file with me, so I shared mine with her. I think I am going to thoroughly enjoy "computing in the cloud" :)

1 comment: