Beautiful Outlaw: Experiencing the playful, disruptive, extravagant personality of Jesus

 

"An intimate encounter with Jesus is the most transforming experience of human existence." p. 11 All will be well p.51
"Bring me what is true." p. 12
Cavorting p. 19 Cunning pp. 93-106
"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trusting God; trust also in me." p. 50 John 14: 1 Distuptive Honesty pp. 66-80
"Embraced it so fully and totally that he was able to die" p. 46
Fierce Intention p. 30 "flummoxed... fumbling awe" p. 112
"God can't die. But Jesus did." p. 46
"His comic timing could not have been more exquisite." p. 26 Humility pp. 107-120
"I want the real you. I ask for you. Spirit of God, free me in every way to know Jesus as he really is." p. 12 "In my Father's house..." p. 50 John 14:2
"Jesus,  show me who you really are. I pray for the true you." p. 12 Jubilant p. 28
Knuckleheads Window p. 113
Loving Jesus: Chapter Thirteen ♥️ Letting Jesus Be Himself - With You : Chapter Fourteen 
Most Human Face of All: Chapter Five
"Nature is bursting with life - even after all these years..." p. 199
"Open my eyes to see him. Deliver me from everything false about Jesus and bring me what is true." p. 12
Playfulness of God and the Poison of Religion: Chapter One... let that really sink in
"Quest right out of an Irish fairy tale" p. 23
"Rich treasure of friendship" p. 5
"Spread so many ashes over the historical Jesus that we scarcely feel the glow of His presence anymore" p. 46 Scandalous Freedom pp. 81-92
"Truthful, blunt, emotional,  nonmanipulative, sensitive, compassionate" p. 46
"Unmet longings that would cause us to seek [God] the only Fountain that can quench our thirst." p. 106
Vast, beautiful heart of Jesus p. 167
"Weave together his playfulness with his honest, his generosity his Fierce intention. Add a dash of startling freedom." p. 100
eXtravagant Generosity p. 56-65
"You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree?" p. 25
"You know the commands - keep them" p. 100
"Zest of his cunning in these stories..." p 100

No comments:

Post a Comment