Listening to these Songs, I want to write more

"A Thousand Miles From Nowhere" by Dwight Yoakam YouTube
"Breathe" by Faith Hill YouTube "Believe" by Brooks & Dunn
"Carefree Highway" by Gordon Lightfoot, "Colour My World by Chicago" and "Close to You" by the Carpenters always reminds me of Joh Joseph Law born 1963
Dave Matthews "The Space Between" and "The Maker"
Elton John's "Your Song" reminds me of Kevin Higgins and Jay Grills
  Friends from way back, but I heard this song recently and don't recall every hearing it previously
"From A Distance" Nanci Griffith on Letterman, August 30, 1988 YouTube led to a Nanci Grifftin song I'd never heard of before "There's a light beyond these woods, Mary Margaret. YouTube 
"Georgia on My Mind" by Willie Nelson here reminds me of Grandpa T and "TheGreatest Discovery" YouTube reminds me of Robert James Law born 1965
"Help Me Make it Through the Night" Sammi Smith's version here
"I Go Crazy" by Paul Davis and "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family will always and forever make me think of Robert James Law singing it as a little kid :) 
John Denver's "Perhaps Love" - 1982 live at the Apollo, "just" John, with an extremely touching intro... He recorded it with Plácido Domingo released Oct 11, 1981 - but oh the heartache when I listend to it the following year... 1982 live at the Apollo
Kansas - Dust in the Wind (Official Video) - YouTube and "Keep Your Eyes On Me" Tim McGraw & Faith Hill from The Shack: Music From And Inspired By The Original Motion Picture
"Love's the One and Only Thing" Willie Nelson YouTube
Maverick's version of "The Air That I Breath" YouTube
"Never My Love" by The 5th Dimension makes me think of 9th grade gymnastics comes to mind, so I'm fairly certain this song is also connected to Kevin 
"Oh Baby I love Your Way..." by Peter Frampton 10th grade gymnastics and Grace Zurcer 
Paul Stokey's "Wedding Song (There Is Love)" 10.16.1971 listen here
 and see "V" below
"Quittin' Time" by Mary Chapin Carpenter YouTube when I knew...it was time
"The Rose by Bette Midler YouTube and her version of "From a Distance" here
Springsteen's "Human Touch" and "Letter to You"
Supertramp "Goodbye Stranger" I wasn't a fan of this one back in 1979 when it came out, but when I  heard lyrics recently, it struck a cord: "Goodbye stranger it's been nice / Hope you find your paradise / Tried to see your point of view / Hope your dreams will all come true" YouTube
Turn The Page" by Bob Seger" always brings Michael Morrone to mind
"Unchained Melody" by Willie Nelson
Video of Caroline and Andy's Wedding Day 2014 
"Weary Traveler"- Jordan St. Cyr (10 September 2021, wow)
Xavier Rudd - Follow The Sun [official music video]
"You're Gone" by Diamond Rio led me to "One More Day" by same group 
Zendaya - Rewrite The Stars (from The Greatest Showman) [Acoustic]

No comments:

Post a Comment