Mary Oliver Jan 2019

'A Thousand Mornings' With Poet Mary Oliver - listen here
"...Concern I have for the natural world is really a very sorrowful business." ~ Mary Oliver
Discipline : make it part of a writing discipline to go out into the world and make some observations every day. I think it began with discipline because I did understand that any artistic venture requires a lot of discipline but it's no longer a discipline...
Embodied her own advice: "Instructions for living a life. Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it." "Flowers bend their bright bodies, and tip their fragrance to the air, and rise, their red stems holding all that dampness and recklessness gladly and lightly, and there it is again - beauty the brave, the exemplary, blazing open." ~ Mary Oliver
He was positively drenched in enthusiasm I don't know why and yet why not..." ~ Mary Oliver
 "...I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings" ~ Mary Oliver
"...Just happens have you always done that..." ~ Mary Oliver
"Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable."~ Mary Oliver
 thank you, Maura
 Homebound Publications FB page
Notebook
Open 
 thank you Meghan
Quotes Rumi and others
Rumi says in that wonderful line there are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
"...Sunflowers blaze maybe that's their way / maybe the cats are sound asleep maybe not ..." ~ Mary Oliver
"...That rising of the light moves me very much and I'm used to thinking and feeling in words..."
"Take your busy heart ... to the forest. The song you heard singing in the leaf when you were a child is singing still." ~ Mary Oliver

 Very close close close attention to things and seeing new details I love words I love the mechanics of poetry I often speak of the choreography of the poem on the page."




Zagarenski original artwork at Sacred Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment