Today's Topic: Technology

Once a year, the Media Servies Department, all 4 of us :) attend a trade show called Convergence. Yesterday was the 4th time I attended, but perhaps the first time I actually understood most of what was being presented and discussed. Seeing all the "new toys" is definitely NOT my favorite part of my job. I prefer the people, MOST of the time. I enjoy the Meredith campus and community very much, and am grateful I get to work here. Today's ABCs all came from the seminar's I attended yesterday and will provide insight as to why some stuff I need to know can be kind of dry, and so.. for a bit of balance, I've included a picture a friend sent me along with the text message:
"Everyone needs a McCafe moment sometimes." Analog Sunset Becoming obsolete Content protection Display port EDID: Extended display identification data Format Globally HDMI: Hig Definition Multimedia Interface Interoperability gateway Jargon Kim Wasserman (she was the present of one of them) Live & on demand MXABU: Media Experience and Analytics Business Unit (it's a Cisco thing :) Navigation Opaque bucket o'bits (that was a Kim W thing - my favorite of the day) Plugfest - another favorite or Processing Piece Parts Quick media flip top Roadmap Refresher Synchronized Transform Unxpected results VESA: Video Electronic Standards Association <-- now there's a club I want to join!! Work flow or What cable do we use? eXpandability Yes! Zen (tea I had mid morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment