New week... new words... and some old favs :)

Sometimes I get so busy I don't allow myself the luxury of real reading time. These words I noticed in Elizabeth Berg's Once Upon a Time There Was You June, 2011,

 some more recently (August 2016), and some of them I've enjoyed for years.
Azure
Bittersweetness (p. 38)
Complementary color of orange is azure.
deleteriously affect the heart and body (p. 64 Heart Revelations Aug '16)
exuded exuberance
facetious (p. 50) - I love seeing this word in print, not sure why, I just do :)
grace
happiness
invigorated
jeez
k
lacrimal essence (Steven Universe, Aug '16)
multifarious (p.41)
n
off-kilter
plump (as in raspberries! yum!!) puddled on her plate... p.40
Qiana (p. xiii)
retsina
squiggle
turquoise
unfurling
vastly (p.19)
w
xie, xie (p.40 - Thank you in Chinese)
yurt (p.5)
zaftig (p.15)

No comments:

Post a Comment