Noticing the Golden Threads

"Am I being asked to enter a new passage in the spiritual life-- the journey from the false self to true self? Am I being asked to dismantle old masks and patterns and unfold a deeper, more authentic self -- the one God created me to be? Am I being compelled to disturb my inner universe in quest of the undiscovered being who clamors within? p. 8 of Sue Monk Kidd's book re-reading Jan 2020 
"Birthing an 'I' that is not yet."
Called to live the life of Christ within each of us, Coincided, for me with
Day 2 of "Deeper into Scripture : James" a YouVersion Bible plan I am practicing
"Entering the Question" p. 7 of this book by Sue Monk Kidd
"First Reading: Enter. As you read this passage of scripture for the First time you are simply 'entering in' or Familiarizing yourself with what 
God is saying..." ~ YouVersion Bible plan: "Deeper into Scripture : James" 
Holy quaking: "When order crumbles, mystery rises." John Shea Stories of God: An Unauthorized Biography
"It's anguish to come to that place in life where you know all the words but none of the music..."
"Jolting moment, something we call an 'eye-opening' experience, comes along and sharpens our vision...Jesus' life was a balanced rhythm of waiting on God and expressing the fruits of  that waiting. "
"Kept wishing for a 'Wendy' - some wise, loving helper - to come and gently stitch it back" p.11
"Live the question, God whispered, which hung in the winter like and upside down question mark"
More than a decade has passed since I read those words in Nov 2009... now I am ...
Noticing the Golden Threads
"One day, while I was reading the Gospels, it occurred to me ... Opening to a deeper spiritual realm
"Quickened by the moment. I knew. Dear God, I knew. I must enter the chrysalis." p. 13
Reading the Bible with Reverence, and Core 52 by Mark E. Moore as well
"Spirit needs a vessel to pour itself into... Stayed-ness of waiting we find everything we need in order to grow. Suspended upside down in the heart of the question, we 
Touch the sacred spaces of becoming real." p. 17
Upside-down question marks have lately been littering text messages from a friend, and then I read this: "I stood at the window watching the cocoon, which hung in the winter air like an Upside-down question mark" p. 13
"Vortex of the soul where we touch God's transformative powers. But we have to be patient...
We have to let go and tap our creative stillness. Most of all, We have to trust that our scarred hearts really do having Wings." p. 20
eXpectant beingness p.37
"You're doing the most important thing there is . You're allowing your soul to grow up If you can't be still and wait, you can't become what God created you to be." p. 22
Z? not "finding" one in my re-reading this morning, so I'll just put this out there, ask God, and see what is meant to go here :) - update: I asked for one, He gave me at least 4 - that I noticed:
as it turns out, "Zazzle" may have been first, yesterday (a return on my Google search for a gift for Logan's birthday), but that one didn't "click" until a few minutes ago. However, this morning it was "Zuckerberg'd" on this elephant journal Instagram post, and then while trying to find something else posted by Governorghahghah on Instagram I noticed "author of Zadok: The New Old OrderAnd, as if these were not enough, I noticed that the next video after the one I was watching about the Book of James by Francis Chan was "Zac Poonen: Lord Let Me See Your Glory." Now, these may seem disconnected, or silly, or trivial to some, but to me they demonstrate God's willingness to answer in EVERY way possible until I finally notice He is right here with me waiting for me to: Ask and it shall be given. Knock and the door shall be opened. (Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment