September 2026, part 2

"Attention is the beginning of devotion" ~ Mary Oliver and this link to an essay with this title By Kathleen Fisher
Braid of Truth meditation Ana Forrest 
Commit to embodying gratitude and invite a spirit of Curiosity and whimsy into every day p. 282 Dear Friend
Don't forget to imagine the best scenario too.
"Embrace the World: All will be well, and all shall be well,  and all manner of things shall be well... 
For there is a Force of Love / moving through the universe/ that holds us fast and will never let us go." ~ Julian of Norwich 
God blessed my three wonderful, amazing brothers 
"He Ain't Heavy,  He's My Brother" by The Hollies
"If You're Exhausted by the World, You Need to Hear This" Interview with Anne Lamott
"Joy in the Trenches" Trevor Noah* on Netflix
Kate Bowler "Everything Happens"
 Sarabande Dr 2008
Madeline Kate Lessig's 18th Birthday 🎂 🥳 
"Necklace of beads of love." ~ Anne Lamott 
"Our God is wizening us at this moment."
"Passivity and quietism" p. 193 Eternal Echoes by John O'Donohue 
Quietism : I saw this word in something I read this weekend,  and it frustrates me that I don't remember where, but I really hope I see it there again. This is what it means to me:  contemplative spiritual pause in prayer in an effort to release all thought to God in prayer.
"Sometimes she skipped school to wander with Whitman: “Down by the creek, or in the wide pastures I could still find on the other side of the deep woods, I spent my time with my friend: my brother, my uncle, my best teacher.”
 ~ Mary Oliver Documentary
"Tell the Truth (Live on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon)" listen 🎶  to The Avett Brothers  here
"Umbrella by Rihanna lyrics "When the sun shines, we'll shine together."
Vines intertwined : moonflower and passion flower vines 🤍💜
*"Who will you be when history calls?" ~ Trevor Noah
"eXquisite, unforgettable kindness." about Mary Oliver in blog post by Kathleen Fisher (see link in "A" above.
"Zen-like stillness...immune to all desire. Nature is always wrapped in seamless prayer." p. 201 Eternal Echoes by John O'Donohue



1 comment: